Sign in to follow this  
asanal

ASCA Build 8584 + Active Sky

Many years I utilize Active Sky and satisfied. Recently I uninstall/reinstalled P3Dv5. Unfortunetly key "B"  altimeter settings  is not working.

I cannot find solution and I re purchased Active Sky . I downloaded and installed AS/ASCA.

I selected  ASCA  theme and activated.

I started P3D I saw sky covered with clouds but  no real weather, and  NO actives weather band on screen and No "B" key function. Altimeter Settings remain same.

I know I missed some thing . there fore  AS/ASCA isn't working.

Can you help me solve this problem

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

31 minutes ago, asanal said:

I started P3D I saw sky covered with clouds but  no real weather, and  NO actives weather band on screen and No "B" key function. Altimeter Settings remain same.

I know I missed some thing . there fore  AS/ASCA isn't working.

Can you help me solve this problem

I see that you had activated Active Sky/ASCA but did you actually start AS from the desktop icon before starting P3D.  When you click the desktop icon you should first see a tab which shows AS is connecting and checking your registration, then it should take you to the AS home screen where you can select various options.  It looks like you simply omitted to start AS.

John B

John,

Thanks again.

I don't see a tab shows AS is connecting and checking my registration....but,  It takes to the AS home screen

Ahmet Sanal

There are slight differences between recent versions. I think my previous installation took me directly to the AS home screen like yours. The checking tab may only apply to ASP3D.

From the home screen can you select live weather and access the various preferences?

John B

I don't have Live Weather in home screen

Ahmet Sanal

12 hours ago, asanal said:

I don't have Live Weather in home screen

What release version of P3D5 are you using?   And what version of Active Sky do you have?

The latest version of AS for P3D5 is listed as ASP3D release 8557   dated June this year. This covers all releases of P3D5  plus P3D 4.5HF3.   There were several earlier releases of ASP3D, which were updated as new P3D5 versions appeared.

ASP3D  is an online product which checks your registration when it starts.  As you do not see this registration screen, is it possible you have installed an earlier version of AS which is incompatible?  Have a look at the Hifisim website downloads page which provides a lot of information about the various AS versions available.  It may explain why it's not working.

John B

I will check Hifisim website, will inform

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal