Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Which file controls F18 cockpit reflections?

Because I want to get rid of it hehe....I can't see well at night and would like to find the .dds file responsible for canopy reflections.Thanks for any help!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There are three for the canopy reflections. I moved them to the FA-18 root folder and all is clear. Especially at night. Something can probably be done to tone them down, but for a quick fix move them - they are only in the texture folder.FA_18_05_C.ddsFA_18_05_C_Specular.ddsFA_18_05_NIGHT_C.ddsAlso some one else found the HUD which is really dark is this file...FA_18_Hud_Glass.ddsHowever, the HUD disappears without this (but the display still works) so I used DXTBMP and made it a real light green which looks good for me.Phill

Thanks Phill, yes, I also use the hud glass gone bye bye one hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

find the HUD_Glass file and add a .bak on the end. (It's in the FA-18/Texture folder)Make sure you're not running the F18 when you do this. Then switch back to the F18You'll notice the green weird circular background is gone...but the HUD text is still there....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |