Sign in to follow this  
LoadingPing

Active SKY RVR not working

I just flew to Vienna with a vis of 325m. AS also confirms the visibility. So i prepared for an Autoland. I descended on the glidepath and reconized that i see the runway 4nm ahead of me. I looked up the current weather. Maybe it changed. Nothing. Still 350 visibillity. Then i looked up the current weather of X-Plane and see, that i have a RVR of 1600m and Broken Clouds at 300ft instead of Overcast 100 ft. I reconized it at several other airports, that the Active Sky weather is completley different of the real X-Plane Weather. I installed AS correctly and followed the instruction. I opened a ticket but nobody answered me there. Please help me
Thanks

I have had a similar issue with AS using P 3D v5.4 the word I got back from the ticket I filed was that AS was having connectivity issues with the NOAA server they use. I am not certain it is 100% resolved. I have compared real life metars at certain airfields with what AS is showing as live weather…and most of the time they match.  But that is not to say problems may not pop up again.

One more note. I use ENVSHADE AND ENVTEX  and may not have things set correctly.

sherm

Just to follow up on this, we don't leave tickets unanswered, but it can take 24 hours and we are not available on some holidays.  We have no open issues with NOAA downloads or discrepancy issues.  If you have any continued issues please open a ticket and we will assist.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies