Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What should be default plane at startup?

I noticed that if I start FSX with the Baron, Cessna, or other default plane, everything loads fine. However, if I try to use a new Addon Plane from, let's say, Eaglesoft, or Flight1 in some cases, I get a CTD! Is there a way around this as I would like to load up FSX and have the plane of my CHOICE when it starts. This does not happen with EVERY addon, but just a few, and they may be the ones I want to start with. Stanps. It's happening with my new "favorite" plane, the Commanche from Eaglesoft.

Many developers planes have this issue and most of ours do.FS9 for example required the default 172 flight in order for the FS Panel system to initialize properly in 2D Panel view.In addition to the above, complex aircraft like ours and others needed a fully initialized FS Panel system and additional time for our custom panels to initialize.Best advice is to load a default aircraft such as the Baron, be sure you are in 2D panel view as opposed to VC or other views, then load our aircraft.Hint: After setup as described and the Comanche is loaded, save the flight and it will load just fine the next time you want it.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks. At least I know it's normal now.Stan