Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

Open xr toolkit not compatible with steam link?

Since having a few days away the only way I can get steam link to work now is to disable the Open Xr toolkit.

it worked fine last week .  Steam link just says “waiting for msfs 2020” when I switch msfs into vr.  Monitor displays the duel screens but oculus 2. Just stays  “ waiting for MSFS2020.” stayslike this For ever

tried pressing the menu buttons  on the hand controllers to look at settings etc, but no joy

anyone have any idea how I can get it to run with open xr toolkit active?  Such a shame if I cannot use that anymore if using steam link

cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Lot of views but no reply’s, has anyone got the openxr toolkit working with steam link?

I cannot get it past “Waiting for MSFS2020” unless I disable the toolkit 

🥲

Quest 2

Windows 11

I'm not familiar with OpenXR Toolkit.  Why do you use OpenXR Toolkit?

It's interesting that it would suddenly stop working if you hadn't made any changes to your MSFS setup or installed an update of some sort. For what it's worth, I experienced frequent connections issues using Q2 and a cable link purchased in Amazon for about U$12.  Connection issues disappeared after I upgraded to Q3 and bought this cable instead from Syntech for U$20:

Amazon.com: Syntech Link Cable 16 FT Compatible with Meta/Oculus Quest 3, Quest2/Pro/Pico4 Accessories and PC/Steam VR, High Speed PC Data Transfer, USB 3.0 to USB C Cable for VR Headset : Electronics

My TENTATIVE conclusion is that the connection issues were likely caused by either (or both):
1. the cheaper cable
2. Quest 2

I'm wondering if the connection issue you are having would disappear if you used a cable to connect your Q2 to your PC instead. I can install OpenXR and test it for you using Quest 2 and Quest 3 if you can provide details on its use. Or, you can purchase the cable and do the tests yourself.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I'm not familiar with OpenXR Toolkit.  Why do you use OpenXR Toolkit?

It's interesting that it would suddenly stop working if you hadn't made any changes to your MSFS setup or installed an update of some sort. For what it's worth, I experienced frequent connections issues using Q2 and a cable link purchased in Amazon for about U$12.  Connection issues disappeared after I upgraded to Q3 and bought this cable instead from Syntech for U$20:

Amazon.com: Syntech Link Cable 16 FT Compatible with Meta/Oculus Quest 3, Quest2/Pro/Pico4 Accessories and PC/Steam VR, High Speed PC Data Transfer, USB 3.0 to USB C Cable for VR Headset : Electronics

My TENTATIVE conclusion is that the connection issues were likely caused by either (or both):
1. the cheaper cable
2. Quest 2

I'm wondering if the connection issue you are having would disappear if you used a cable to connect your Q2 to your PC instead. I can install OpenXR and test it for you using Quest 2 and Quest 3 if you can provide details on its use. Or, you can purchase the cable and do the tests yourself.

Hi Matt I always used a cable from kiwi design no problem with that,  it’s just steam link is so convenient not having to use a cable and it’s far supper to quest link performance wise,so for a quick flight it’s really easy to use steam link not having a cable trailing from your head.

open xr toolkit is a fantastic utility for tweaking performance settings , colours brightness etc  it’s very popular see here it improved my performance no end.

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

however steam link is great its just tha5 if open xr toolkit worked in it it would allow me to adjust colours / brightness,contrast etc if I could get it to work again.

as soon as as I disable open xr toolkit steam link connects no problem.

it may be the latest update to Msfs broke it, the toolkit I am sure  worked in steam link a few weeks ago

cheers

Edited by Bozdog
  • Like 1

Quest 2

Windows 11