Sign in to follow this  
dodgingminer

Scenario Startup issue

I'm having an issue. For some reason after a week on holiday, this just started to happen on my P3D. I've reinstalled the whole client and ran through the hotfix repair option, and it still is doing this. I'm not really sure what to do here, please help, I really do not want to uninstall, reinstall, and reinstall all the add-ons for P3D, because of this.

Thanks!

Also specs: 3700X, 3070, 32GB RAM

Very strange. Did you delete the contents of the Shaders folder? Also, try OK without changing anything on the scenario screen.

There seems to be a lot of other processes running in the Taskbar. Are they all required before P3D?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1. No I didn't touch any folders before I left. 2. That was the WEIRDEST one. It proceeded to do the same, while also asking if I wanted to quit P3D. For the taskbar, not all of them, but all of them makes sense when given the context that I've been trying to fix this issue for 12 hours, so OBS to record, task manager, etc. And some apps that have just been open for a minute.

Delete the files in the shaders folder and try again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just want to clarify what you mean by that (sorry, kind of new to this and I really don't want to mess up). I have a folder in my Main P3D files called "ShadersHLSL" is that the one I should delete or is it in a separate folder?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

When did you last update your graphics drivers? The latest are 546.33. It might be worth uninstalling using DDU (in Safe Mode) and then installing the latest. Just opt for drivers - no extra software which generally includes stuff not needed for P3D. Guidance here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jds0oMObw14&ab_channel=Caddac

I'm not entirely sure how you're running your start-up sequence. Try launching P3D and at the scenario screen hit OK. Make no selections. Once the default aircraft is positioned at the default airport does everything look okay then?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So I updated it about six hours ago when I was trying to figure out the issue. And I will record what happens when I start-up and hit OK.

• Like 1

It looks like your previous session hasn't ended. Before you start P3D go to Task Manager - Details and ensure Prepar3D.exe is not present.

If it is right-click and end process. Then start P3D and see how things work.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It looks like your previous session hasn't ended. Before you start P3D go to Task Manager - Details and ensure Prepar3D.exe is not present.

If it is right-click and end process. Then start P3D and see how things work.

Yep, same thing. UGHHH. I don't understand how this even happened. My PC was literally off for a week, so I don't even understand how this happened.

Okay. Delete Prepar3d.cfg in the following folder. You'll need to reinstate all your settings but starting afresh with a new cfg does resolve a lot of issues.

C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\LM\Prepar3Dv4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, dodgingminer said:

Tried and still having the same issue.

The only option left is to uninstall Scenery, then Content and finally Client. Keep your licence active.

Then run the client.msi, content.msi and finally scenery.msi.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather