Sign in to follow this  
sandman_761

AAO PMDG 737 FMC/CDU

Posted (edited)

Tried to get the FMC in MSFS working on my tablet (samsung a8). Works but no display input visible. The sim reacts to my input but the screen on the fmc remains black. Followed all instructions to a tee. What am I missing? The scripts are implemented, the firewall is working. I see the fmc on my tablet but no input visible. I am sure I am missing something but dont know what it is. Please can you help me? Thank you.

Edited by sandman_761

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sandman_761 said:

Tried to get the FMC in MSFS working on my tablet (samsung a8). Works but no display input visible. The sim reacts to my input but the screen on the fmc remains black. Followed all instructions to a tee. What am I missing? The scripts are implemented, the firewall is working. I see the fmc on my tablet but no input visible. I am sure I am missing something but dont know what it is. Please can you help me? Thank you.

Is the FMC working on the local PC? Has the PMDG SDK Data Output been activated in the 737s config file? AAO autoscript configured?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

48 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Is the FMC working on the local PC? Has the PMDG SDK Data Output been activated in the 737s config file? AAO autoscript configured?

FMC local active and working = yes

SDK entries: 

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1
EnableCDUBroadcast.0=1
EnableCDUBroadcast.1=1

So, yes

AAO autoscript. I am a bit confused about this one. I have 2 instructions. One says use both CDU and DATA scripts at 'repeating' 200ms. The other one says only use CDU at 'One shot' 200ms. Both actually do not work as desired. My guess is that Windows is holding on data somewhere. But I did condigure the firewall as per instructions. So I am in the dark here.

Posted (edited)

When the AAO Web FMC is working on your local computer in Edge or Firefox but not on your tablet, then you have either firewall issue - or the tablet cannot handle HTML5.

If there was a problem with the scripts, both would not work (obviously).

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

When the AAO Web FMC is working on your local computer in Edge or Firefox but not on your tablet, then you have either firewall issue - or the tablet cannot handle HTML5.

If there was a problem with the scripts, both would not work (obviously).

I understand completely but why can I see the fmc on tablet but the display screen on it remains black? It should presumably display the data from the CDU is it not? So I conclude that the tablet can handle HTML5 fine. My assumption is that Windows gives me a fw issue. Can you elaborate on that? What can I check in Windows to make data appear on the tablet cdu?

Finally got it working Dunno what I did, but it worked. Going for some additional tests now to see if it will endure. Wish me luck. Or does luck nothing to do with it? 😉

33 minutes ago, sandman_761 said:

I understand completely but why can I see the fmc on tablet but the display screen on it remains black?

Because "the FMC" is just a static image that every browser can display. The screen inside is a completely different module that may work or not. 

But you are right in that when you have a FW issue, neither of the two should be visible on the tablet.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

btw there is a nicer version of the FMC on flightsim.to, made by a talented fellow simmer.

LORBY-SI

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

btw there is a nicer version of the FMC on flightsim.to, made by a talented fellow simmer.

Really? Using AAO? Makes me curious indeed. I observed some but none had the look and feel yours has. Probably I didnt

do a good job searching. Haha... Thank you again. I will give it a go once more then.

Edited by sandman_761

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Is it the one by pilznille? Because that's the one I am using now.

6 hours ago, sandman_761 said:

Is it the one by pilznille? Because that's the one I am using now.

Yes, I think so. I thought that you were using the default from the AAO website (=where all the other remote FMC/CDUs are)

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hi, I started to use the HC Bravo unit with PMDG 737. Seems to get things working I can download your scripts. I have done so and loaded the xml and template file into AAO just nicely. I wonder does this fix the "flaps" issue on MSFS PMDG 737?

20 minutes ago, sandman_761 said:

Hi, I started to use the HC Bravo unit with PMDG 737. Seems to get things working I can download your scripts. I have done so and loaded the xml and template file into AAO just nicely. I wonder does this fix the "flaps" issue on MSFS PMDG 737?

What is the "flaps issue"?

LORBY-SI