Sign in to follow this  
Dbarnea

flight plan and tracking messed up

https://ibb.co/kGXkc0c

So I'll try to explain the picture. OSN is the second waypoint in the flight plan. can be seen in the Map and in the Flight planning grid.

Plane is on its way to it according to the map.

But according to the Elevation profile it is flying from the last end point to the first one. This is also what the grid shows. The purple line highlighted is the last waypoint. 

And I have a pretty good idea why it happened. I have messed the order of the points. So I created a plan, wasn't happy with it and moved the order of the point around. So the Flight planning grid is exactly like I wanted it to be (in terms of order). But somehow the tracking process didn't "catch that". 

Maybe the fact that the same airport is the source and destination contributes to that as well.

At some point , the plane in the Elevation profile "turned around" and did follow the revised plan.

Doron.

2.png

16 minutes ago, Dbarnea said:

And I have a pretty good idea why it happened. I have messed the order of the points. So I created a plan, wasn't happy with it and moved the order of the point around. So the Flight planning grid is exactly like I wanted it to be (in terms of order). But somehow the tracking process didn't "catch that". 

Normally LNM is fairly good at finding the active and uses position and heading for that. Better than some in-aircraft GPS which lose the active quickly.

But sometimes you have to use "Activate flight plan leg" manually from the flight plan table context menu to set the magenta (or whatever color configured) leg since the active can get lost if you edit the plan while flying.

The profile absolutely depends on a valid active leg. Otherwise positioning is completely messed up like in your case.

Alex