Sign in to follow this  
JYW

MSFS Map screen settings - do they finally stick?!

Posted (edited)

Since MSFS was launched, the most infuriating thing I've found was that the settings and filters that are set on the map screen are not saved between sessions.   So those darn clouds have to be removed every time I look at the map.  Launched the sim up this morning and BAM! .... the clouds were already set off!    Came back from work, launched the sim and same again - the clouds are not there by default any more.

Is anyone else noticing this, or am I seeing some sort of wonderful (but perhaps temporary) anomoly that is keeping my map filters between sessions?

PS... I used to use the mod of FS.TO that would keep map filters but it stopped working for me after SU13.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Nope, but there is a file you can edit to force items on or off. IIRC the file is worldmap.xml and is located in the msfs  folder under \Official\OneStore\fs-base\worldmap.

I recommend to make a backup of this file before editing. I have done this to show certain navaids as default and despite several SU's the settings remained. 

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5