Sign in to follow this  
SparkerInVR

X-Plane 12 Arival runway changes with wind Depature does not

When using manual weather in X-Plane 12 there is no metar created to I wrote a FlyWithLua script to create a metar with the same time stamp for the file name and correct info in the metar file. It is working quite well but did find a issue when asking for active runway where it was not following the wind direction.

Doing further research looking at the info tab I see that the Arrival runway does change with a change in the wind direction.

When I look at the Departure runway it stays the same no mater what the wind direction is.

As I have used Pilot2ATC for a very long while I am sure this used to work correctly and would be great to get it to work again.

Any info needed I will be glad to provide.

Thanks Bill

• Like 1

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Here is a link to my script that is on x-plane.org because i can't put it here.     create-metar-for-manual-weather.lua

To use put script in Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts

Select manual weather and make any changes you want.

From Plugins drop down FlyWithLua > Reload all Lua script files

Click on the Create Metar button.

This will create a new metar in the Output\real weather folder with the current zulu time stamp.from the nearest airport.

After about 5 minutes if you use the info tab on Pilot2ATC you should see the Arrival and departure runways reflect the winds in the metar.

Currently the arrival matches but the departure remains the same regardless of wind direction.

Thanks Bill

• Like 1

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Bill, thanks for sharing the Lua file you created.

Check the "Force Dep Rwy" checkbox in the SID selection window and make sure it isn't checked.

Also, in Taxi Mnt for the Departure airport, check the settings for Preferred Runways and the Preferrred Light Wind Parameters on the Runway tab.  The lower that number, the more sensitive the runway selection is to wind changes.  You could also uncheck all the runways "Ref Light Wind so that no runways are preferred.

Dave

4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Bill, thanks for sharing the Lua file you created.

Check the "Force Dep Rwy" checkbox in the SID selection window and make sure it isn't checked.

Also, in Taxi Mnt for the Departure airport, check the settings for Preferred Runways and the Preferrred Light Wind Parameters on the Runway tab.  The lower that number, the more sensitive the runway selection is to wind changes.  You could also uncheck all the runways "Ref Light Wind so that no runways are preferred.

Dave

I can't seem to find the SID section and I an using VFR and trying to do touch and goes here at KERI.

In the Taxi Mnt for KERI none of the runways "Pref Light Wind" are checked and every Takeoff and Landing for all runways are checked.

Preferred Runway Light Wind Parameters are Cross 5 and Tail 0

The SID button is directly below the Flight Plan and lets you select departure runway and/or a Departure procedure.

Dave