Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Found some good FSX Acceleration advice

I don't know if it will help, but it seems like very good advice. I had forgotten to do a new start up mode after the install of Accel. Once I did some problems went away, because I still was starting FSX off of my old start up mode.LeeAnyway here is the advice from another forum:"May help with FSX expansion problems.Just installed acceleration pack for FSX.With same results a lot of you have reported / lock ups and crash to desk top.While I do a lot of modifying airfiles and panel work as some of you know my work.I have noticed ever once in a while after doing the above same thing happens lockups and rebooting of game.And sometimes game just will not load.While it looks like same cure for this works with acceleration pack also.And my frame rates checked before update and after I am pleased to report when up at least 20%I suspect a lot of you have a saved plane and start up location with FSX.Here in is the problem this file becomes corrupted with any big change to game and needs to be replaced .Simply go to Documents folder / Flight Simulator X Files and delete all start up files in this folder.Restart game and it will report missing file as bad.Now just make a new saved flight plan and save plane you which to start game with.This worked like a charm for me and no more lock ups when playing FSX and big time improvements in FPS rates with addon.Try it this should fix your problems.Do this ever time FSX starts to act up."

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!