Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Weird events flying with real time weather

I made a flight in the Majestic Dash Q400  in P3D5.4 with the newly purchased REX Sky Force 3d. I used REX real time weather. At random occasions I saw the plane suddenly change altitude. And even more weird when the autopilot tried to get back to the assigned altitude which was obvious since the vertical speed changed. But even with a significant vertical speed my altitude didnt change. How can I climb or descent without a change in altitude ?

Also noted the key B for barometric pressure did not work.

At one occasion with some cloud in front of me they suddenly disapperard.

One time over sea it was white like frozen then suddenly it got normal.

I don't have experience with Rex, but a few questions.

Do you have volumetric clouds on? If so what setting.

As to the changing altitude I also experience that in Active Sky, from what I can tell it tends to occur when the pressure changes, which will have an affect since your altimeter at above FL180 (or the transition altitude) is simply standard or 29.92.

Finally a little reminder to sign your name at the end of your posts :wink:, else people don't tend to reply as I think they don't see your post.

Signed Jon

7 hours ago, FSXCYYZEGLL said:

I don't have experience with Rex, but a few questions.

Do you have volumetric clouds on? If so what setting.

As to the changing altitude I also experience that in Active Sky, from what I can tell it tends to occur when the pressure changes, which will have an affect since your altimeter at above FL180 (or the transition altitude) is simply standard or 29.92.

Finally a little reminder to sign your name at the end of your posts :wink:, else people don't tend to reply as I think they don't see your post.

Signed Jon

I don't have EA enabled and volumetric clouds are greyed out but I do select 3D clouds from REX.

The flight was at FL170.

Signed Jan

20 hours ago, jfri said:

I don't have EA enabled and volumetric clouds are greyed out but I do select 3D clouds from REX.

The flight was at FL170.

Signed Jan

Hmm. Then I'm afraid can't help on the clouds issue.

As I understand it the barometer changing up and down is just a P3D problem that can occur with sudden shifts in pressure past the TA.

The reason I asked if you had volumetric is that's a common issue with volumetric clouds.

Signed Jon.