Sign in to follow this  
marcor

Last waypoint route not matching arrival procedures

Hello, I would like to ask what the correct behaviour is in MSFS when there is no valid arrival procedure starting from the last waypoint of the route given from Simbrief.  

As an example I take LIME-EDDS with the A320NEO 

I plan my flight in Simbrief ( I have Navigraph subsciription) and import the flight plan in MSFS in the world map. I actually also use FSHUD and FSLTL but this is not really relevant for this question.  

I start the flight with all procedures and get the SID for the takeoff and insert it into the MCDU. 

My flight proceeds until I get the confirmation and instructions from EDDS for Landing (ILS RWY 25).  

The route initially given in that case was from Simbrief was: (DIL1K) DILEB CVA ARGAX ZUE SUL UBASI

When looking at the arrival charts I do not find any arrival procedure starting from UBASI. So I delete UBASI from the fight plan in the MCDU and insert the arrival procedure starting from the now last waypoint SUL (SUL1W)? 

1. Is my approach to delete UBASI correct?  I have the feeling I am doing something wrong.

2. Another issue is time: I have always the impression it takes me to long to figure out what Arrival/Approach/Transition to select. Is this just due to my lack of experience?

Many thanks

Edited by marcor

So I think I have some additional Information. First of all I was not aware that Simbrief plans are not inherently "correct" as they are also based on popularity. This means that if several people use a plan it might pop up, even if not optimal and differ substantially from real world raffic routes. This is also an example I noted in EHAM-EKCH route. 

Secondly  the plan I import from Simbrief into MSFS is not always 100% corresponding to the original plan and when adjusting it in the FMC I could not get the exact same route as in Simbrief/Navigraph Charts or Little Navmapl