Sign in to follow this  
arrex

Question about airspaces on Ver. 3.0.1

30 minutes ago, ppgas said:

However, I have no idea whether this additional “gadget” is worth all this extra work

I don't think so. You're better be a programmer to set this up for compiling.

Alex

13 hours ago, albar965 said:

I see. The information window. Sorry, no this is really baked into the program.
Why change it? Do you have any improvements or are there errors?

Alex

It's really going towards details here.... for example class D in US do not require ATC clearance, but ATC contact.... transponder in europe is compulsory in all controlled airspaces... if some personalization would have been possible, i would have done it (as the colors or airspaces....)

Greetings,

Antonio "Arrex" Arreghini

11 hours ago, albar965 said:
11 hours ago, ppgas said:

However, I have no idea whether this additional “gadget” is worth all this extra work

I don't think so. You're better be a programmer to set this up for compiling.

I don't think either.... mine was more an inquire if this is already available somewhere to easily modify, otherwise forget about it....

Greetings,

Antonio "Arrex" Arreghini

The airspace texts are here in the source inside the QObject::tr("...."):
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/blob/74b3abdda9c1dd6f03e7d784069238e00eeb9eaa/src/common/maptypes.cpp#L543-L578

You can post any corrections or additions here an I can add them to the code. No biggie.

The link to the default map colors I posted above is wrong. This the right one for 3.0.X versions:
https://github.com/albar965/littlenavmap/blob/release/3.0/resources/config/little_navmap_mapstyle.ini

Alex

8 hours ago, albar965 said:

You can post any corrections or additions here an I can add them to the code. No biggie.

I think now texting about airspace is okay.
The text was prepared for what is defined in ICAO documents as general rules, and IMHO it's a better, universal solution than implementing local regulations, which technically is very tough.

13 hours ago, arrex said:

It's really going towards details here.... for example class D in US do not require ATC clearance, but ATC contact.... transponder in europe is compulsory in all controlled airspaces..

It's not so easy with the details 🙂

1) In USA  for C and D class airspace, the two-way radio contact is a kind of clearance (FAA rules), and until the ATC responds to the pilot's call, he isn't allowed to enter C or D airspace and has to stay out of it. What's more, in case of first contact, the ATC can also request that a pilot remain clear of the airspace until further instruction to enter, and the pilot has to stay out of the C/D airspace until he's got the command to enter.
Only for B-class airspace the VFR traffic has to obtain classical clearance like in other parts of the world. In general, the USA is its own aviation world with FAA-specific regulations and limits.

2) The transponders in Europe (we mainly say about Eurocontrol Space) are mandatory for all flights conducted as IFR/GAT.
For VFR/GAT traffic, it's mandatory only for some designated airspaces, e.g., TMZs; it's depicted on the VFR charts (but local regulations can be different).
VFR/OAT (military for example) traffic is excluded from these obligations.

13 hours ago, arrex said:

f some personalization would have been possible, i would have done it (as the colors or airspaces....)

The colours and borders of airspaces (and some other graphical things on the map) are possible to change by customising the file little_navmap_mapstyle.ini in the user's config directory.

Regards,
Piotr

• Upvote 1

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).