Sign in to follow this  
tup61

Search for parking spot possible?

When I land at an airport and ATC tells me where to park I often have problems finding the spot, specially (obviously) at large airports. Quite often the parking spots aren't numbered very logically... Is there a way to search for a specific parking spot in LNM? Or do I just have to zoom in and scroll around the airport to find it? The problem is NOT getting to that spot with my plane but the initial search for where that spot is.

AFAIK the parking spots aren't indexed in LNM.
But when ATC gives you instruction how to taxi, you can follow along taxiways on LNM map and it's easier to find proper parking spot 🙂
It's my method when I fly online.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

As Piotr says. There is no search for parking except when you select your departure parking spot.

I have to see if I can reuse the same departure parking selection dialog as a parking search and highlight. Noted but no promises when.

Alex

• Like 1

The ability to search for / list / highlight parking spots would certainly be nice to have at larger airports. For example, I just landed at EHAM and am having quite a time locating where, if anywhere, there's a refueling spot among the vast selection on offer.

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Hi Alex,

With regards to parking spots, maybe it would be good if we could select a parking spot as arrival in the same way we can select them now as departure. Specially in Airports with pre assigned gates or parking areas depending on the company, being based there, etc. Just a suggestion. Thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, husker_dingo said:

With regards to parking spots, maybe it would be good if we could select a parking spot as arrival in the same way we can select them now as departure. Specially in Airports with pre assigned gates or parking areas depending on the company, being based there, etc. Just a suggestion.

Already have this on the list. 🙂

Alex

• Like 2