Sign in to follow this  
Micky1969

AAO + X Touch Mini

So I had a stream deck but for the life of me couldn’t get it working with AAO so I ended up returning it and as I already had purchased AAO decided to try out the XTM, I’m glad I did as well because it’s so much easier the the SD for a computer novice like my good self. So there’s a little bit of the history now the question!, I like flying the large jets my current favourite is the Boeing 787-10/9 GE + RR just love doing the long haul (Heathrow to Los Angeles yesterday), so the thing I need to know is how do I set up a profile for each variant of these aircraft…do I use the A320 base setup and somehow bind it to the 787? Any help is appreciated if anything I’m happy that I got AAO + XTM working at all as I really struggled with it but seems somehow easier with the more modest hardware. I don’t fly any of the prop planes I prefer the jets. Thanks for your time guys.

Michael

Unless you can find a profile for that particular aircraft on flightsim.to, you'll need to read the LVARS for this aircraft with AAO, and then program each button to a particular function. It's a bit long and sometimes frustrating due to the fact that there is no universal standard for aircraft controls. Each developer decides, so a profile for one aircraft does not necessarily work on another aircraft-- unless they use standard MSFS controls, which the default aircrafts and some lower quality aircrafts use.

You may also find scripts on Flitsim.to for a particular aircraft than can make programming the Xtouch easier. Still going to be a learning curve but I did so anyone can.

Thank you both of you for your help I'll watch some more video's and take you both up on your advice.

thanks guys!