Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

Sim Ignoring UserCfg.opt Changes?!?

Has anyone else had an issue with FS2020 ignoring changes they make to the UserCfg file? I do this to turn off Fringe and Sharpness and to set Shadows to 4k instead of the "max" of 2k and it's always worked before. However, I just reinstalled the sim after upgrading my PC. Now, when I go into UserCfg.opt to change settings they get saved and stay that way, but the sim pays NO attention to these changes.

I can tell because Chromatic Aberration is still there in the hanger and Shadows still show as set to 2048 instead of 4096.

I used PROCMON to verify that I'm editing the correct file and that FS2020 is READING it. So why is it not processing the changes?

Thanks.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Make sure that "Custom" is reported in the preset line and not a preset (High, Ultra...)

}
{Graphics
    Version 1.1.0
    Preset Custom

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

12 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Make sure that "Custom" is reported in the preset line and not a preset (High, Ultra...)

THANK YOU. That makes perfect sense. Will try it shortly, but expect it to work. I've been installing and re-installing trying to get everything just right so when I launch the sim it's in vanilla state where, later, it's likely this file is set to Custom for most of us by then.

• Like 1

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

It worked.

• Like 2