Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

FPS: Ultimate Traffic vs MyTraffic vs Traffic

Guest MauiHawk

I've decided that Ultimate Traffic is just slaughtering my framerate at big airports. Would Traffic or MyTraffic be much better in this regard? Framerate is a much bigger concern to me than schedule accuracy or looks.(FSX of course...)

Im on a 6000+ dual core, fs grinds to a halt at lax with 100 percent ai and the pmdg 747. I have it set at 10 percent and its flyable.. pmdg 747 in itself is an fps killer though (the vc anyway). 50 percent ai is also flyable if you stay away from big detailed airports like lax. AndrewI forgot to mention this is with ultimate traffic.

Guest jase439

I might also suggest you try "cherry-picking" which airlines you include when you compile your traffic.bgl (if you aren't doing so already). Even with FS2K4, compiling the entire schedule would just bury airports alive in AI (especially major international ones). FSX just makes it worse. I can run about a 1/4 of what I could in FS2K4 under FSX.

I have only experience with Ultimate Traffic and MyTraffic and MyTraffic wins hand-down when it comes to frame rates and level of detail. The models of Ultimate Traffic haven't been updated in the past few years and I wasn't happy with the performance until I spend a few hours redoing their AI models with PAI models and textures.I cannot comment on Traffic, but I have read that it's not a really in the same league as UT and MTX.Usually a 30%-40% traffic setting is more than enough for traffic. Not only for the frame rates, but FSX ATC will just not stop with the chit-chat on all the channels, which can be very annoying, if flying over more densely populated areas.Pat

Guest jshyluk

MyTraffic X is very friendly on framerates. I've seen over 100 models on the tarmac at once without any major frame rate hit. Ultimate Traffic aircraft are far more complex, and so you will probably run UT at the same AI level as the default planes. That being said, 100% AI traffic is super overkill. A full real-world schedule would be equal to about 60% AI. 40% or so should give you good realism and allow you to fly most third-party aircraft into most airports without much fuss.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM