Sign in to follow this  
Hollister56

Desktop FIP HSI Nav Flag

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I installed the HSI with the NAV 1 and DME for my panel.

Looks great and the DME works when tuned in, but the HSI has the NAV flag displayed and will not function.  Then knobs turn, that works, but I can't get rid of the NAV flag.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

Thank you,

Ed

Edited by Hollister56

Posted (edited)

What simulator? Which aircraft?

The default gauges only use the default SDK variables. Most likely, in this case the aircraft avionics are not using those, at least partially. The instrument would have to be adjusted to that AC or sim specifically. 

As a side note: feel free to adapt the gauges to your liking - they are just XML files where the code is an "interpretation" of the ages old MS flightsim gauge XML dialect.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the reply.

MSFS and the Milviz freeware F-86 from Flightsim.to.

Maybe there is something in the aircraft.cfg file that needs a 1 instead of a 0?

The DME works and the pointer in the HSI works ie RMI, just not the course guidance.

It does work in the Milviz payware Corsair.

Ed

[Radios]
// Type = available, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1=1
Com.1=1, 0
Nav.1=1, 0, 1
Adf.1=1 
Transponder.1=1
Marker.1=1

Edited by Hollister56
Added text

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hollister56 said:

Maybe there is something in the aircraft.cfg file that needs a 1 instead of a 0?

Sorry, no idea. I'm not an aircraft developer.

The default AxisAndOhs HSI gauge evaluates the variable (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE VALID, Bool). When this has the value "1", then the NAV flag is shown, so that is what this aircraft's avionics seem to be doing. Surely there will be a reason for that, I wouldn't just dismiss it as "wrong".

Feel free to make your own copy of that gauge and change/remove that flag entirely. 
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhs\LorbyGauges\Gauges\LorbyHsi.xml

and

LorbyHsiHiRes.xml for the variant with the high resolution graphics.

Use the gauge editor to open the gauge, change the name of the gauge, then use "Save as" and save the copy to \Documents\LorbyAxisAndOhs Files\UserGauges. Maybe create a subfolder for it. Then you can remove the NAV flag using the editor - or find the correct variable for the plane. Etc. On the Gauge Editor there is a "?" button at the top leading to the PDF manual. 

And this:
https://de.flightsim.to/file/58848/aao-gauge-layout-editor-tutorial-for-beginners

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you for taking the time for this in depth explanation.

It works fine with all other aircraft, but not this F-86 import from FSX/P3D which is available on Flightsim.to.

It seems it's missing course guidance for the VOR/LOC system.

Not sure why it's missing it, but that's another matter.

Thanks again for your help.

Ed