Sign in to follow this  
versus

Default aircraft feel too light?

Su15 was suposed to fix ground handling increasing the tyre friction and reducing weathervane effects.

This looks like workrouind around the real problem that default aircarft (at least Cessna 172) feels like it's made of cardboard and is lacking mass and inertia so the wind tosses it arouind like a toy.

There is  really a huge difference in FM from the default GA plane and A2A Comache  with latter having a feel of mass and inertia and thus not overly responsive to the stick input as opposed  to the former where control surfaces have immediate authority over the aircraft.

but on the other hand make it susceptible to every breeze hurling it around, be it on the ground or air

Posted (edited)

In GA aircraft, I tend to carry quite a load of fuel, along with as many passengers in the payload screen, without going over MTOW of course.   I feel it makes a difference to what you're describing.   If you always plan that you'll need 28% fuel, and it's just you (or 2x170lbs) in the plane, they do feel too light.

Personally I don't think it's as bad as what you feel / are seeing.  All flight sims lack inertia, because ... there's no inertia 😄  The movement of pixels around screen has to simulate something analagous to 'feel' and inertia. Some planes get that right more than others.

As for the weather.  What setting do you have the Turbulance set to, in the Assistance settings?   I usually use medium but there are some aircraft (the FS Reborn Sting S4 being an example), where I always change that turbulance setting to Low.   As it does get thrown around too much, even where the environmental conditions would lead you to expect a more stable flight.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)