Sign in to follow this  
Rhetro

micro monitors for cockpit project

hello folks!

noob here. i have a cockpit mockup (old sit-down video game) that i'm interested in tricking out with real micro monitors. I haven't done anything 

with this yet as i still need to get a pc, triple monitors, etc. but i'm interested in replacing the fake backlit gauges with real monitors that tie into the software (whatever that may be). I thought this might be a good place to start. I've seen some stuff out there, but wanted to see what may work with certain systems and not with others etc. I've taken measurements for everything and can supply those if needed. 

got a flckr account but having a heck of a time getting pics to post

Thanks so much.

Rhetro

Do you really need one micro monitor for every gauge hole or just a big flat screen on the back to support multiple gauge at once?

Hey C2, 

that's a good question ...i guess one may get extremely carried away with this as far as authenticity is concerned. I've removed the panel and measured all the inserts -including the tiny gauges. 

Sorry, i didn't mean for some of these pics to be so large (still getting the hang of Flckr). But this is basically what i'm up against. So i know there's the small stuff, and then there's using screens with software that will allow you to shrink and reposition gauges to where ever you want them on the screen. If i can have a bunch of screens, that would be cool. but i know there's a point where it's overkill . Sure, you need the computer first, then the software. but i'm guessing in either case it IS doable ?

Thanks for your time!

IMG_5290 - CopyIMG_0076IMG_4159

53570811652_0ac1dc4405_b.jpg53571994794_df4a495df7_b.jpg

19 hours ago, Rhetro said:

Hey C2, 

that's a good question ...i guess one may get extremely carried away with this as far as authenticity is concerned. I've removed the panel and measured all the inserts -including the tiny gauges. 

Sorry, i didn't mean for some of these pics to be so large (still getting the hang of Flckr). But this is basically what i'm up against. So i know there's the small stuff, and then there's using screens with software that will allow you to shrink and reposition gauges to where ever you want them on the screen. If i can have a bunch of screens, that would be cool. but i know there's a point where it's overkill . Sure, you need the computer first, then the software. but i'm guessing in either case it IS doable ?

Thanks for your time!

IMG_4159

Hmmm, the panel shape is quite odd, so it seems unlikely you can fit one big screen for each side to cover the LMFD+RWR, and RMFD+all other gauges on the right

But if I do it, I'll still likely use one 9" or so screen for RMFD+ engine gauge, a 5" or 7" for the top right 3, and one 5" for the middle 2.

Not sure what sim you are look into, for MSFS or P3D or X-Plane I think AirManager could do it.

Thank you, C2.

i’m guessing some of this is just going to require experimentation. buy them and them them -as far as the screens are concerned..

but Airmanager gets them to all work together?

probably going to try MSFS, PD3, and X-Plane as well and see which one i prefer.

thanks !!!