Sign in to follow this  
apollon01

Custom Scenery Library Database possible?

Posted (edited)

Hello Alex,

I am working on a custom set of historically correct navaids for US (1958 to be precise) and wonder whether it is possible to create a custom scenery library database containing only these 1958 navaids?

I understand that the LNM detects which sims are installed and based on that allows to switch between appropriate scenery libraries (in my case FSX, MSFS, P3D and XPL11 and XPL12). I would like to create a new one called e.g. MSFS1958 for which I then would let LNM scan the modified MSFS to populate the MSFS1958 scenery library database.

Can I achieve this?

When I mod MSFS to include "my" 1958 navaids and let the MSFS scenery library database update, it shows the 1958 navaids correctly. But when I make a copy of this database in "AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db" folder and rename it to MSFS1958, it does not show in the Scenery Library drop down list.

LNM-test.jpg

I tried to rename this 1958 sqlite file to little_navmap_xp11.sqlite to "mimick" it is a XPL11 file and it works. However, I would prefer to be able to create a new scenery library database that would show alongside those that already exist. Also because when I release the addon, I would like to include this custom scenery library database to users for their convenience.

I would appreciate your comment on this.

Thanks and also thank you for LNM!

Milan

Edited by apollon01

1 hour ago, apollon01 said:

When I mod MSFS to include "my" 1958 navaids and let the MSFS scenery library database update, it shows the 1958 navaids correctly. But when I make a copy of this database in "AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_db" folder and rename it to MSFS1958, it does not show in the Scenery Library drop down list.

Hi Milan,

rRenaming the Sqlite files will result in crashes, errors or nothing at best. LNM uses a fixed database name for each simulator and you cannot add databases like map themes.

LNM can read the navaids from the MSFS Community folder or any additional folder you enter in options if you compile your navaids into a BGL. These are stored in the MSFS database .

Alex