Sign in to follow this  
KAE

Fulcrum Yoke questions

2 hours ago, onebob said:

you could try copying the following files:-

Fulcrum One Yoke - Windows.joy

Fulcrum one_yoke.png

from the Resources/ joystick configs in xp12 to xp11 folder to see the image.

make a back up of any files in xp 11 before hand

That helped to get the yoke image to appear in Xplane 11 and the setup of the configuration window is the same as Xplane 12 now.

But the button numbers are now offset in Xplane 11 as they are in Xplane 12.

I think it has to be a yoke controller PCB issue thats causing button 10 to not work and at the same time shifting the numbers.

Posted (edited)

There is a tab at the bottom of the Xplane 11 config window that is not in the Xplane 12 config.

Its a tab called "PFC Hardware"

Do you know what that is about?

It has something to do with Precision Flight Controls from FlyPFC.com.

I will do some research on that. Probably something I dont remember adding years ago.

Edited by KAE

On 3/19/2024 at 3:56 AM, onebob said:

This is for XPlane 12

edit ... I recall having a discussion re the Yoke config (image) with regards to xplane 11, The developer informed me he had sent the info to LR but it was only included in xplane 12. I do not have xp 11 installed so I can't confirm that.

sBGY4fN.png

How do the buttons appear in the OS game controller settings? There should be a square box for the Axes, a circle to the bottom right for the hat, and then (8) red circles numbered 1 - 8. Each of those red dots should correspond to the 8 buttons on the yoke.

At rest none of those buttons should be lit and if you press the red capped button on the yoke does the first number 1 red dot highlight?
I ask because the first red dot in my OS controller settings is lit up at rest. Lit when nothing is touched.
When I press the red capped button on the yoke the second red dot in the OS controller settings lights up. 
Things are somehow shifted to the right and my yoke button 10 drops off. Yoke button 9 activates the red dot 8.

1 hour ago, KAE said:

At rest none of those buttons should be lit and if you press the red capped button on the yoke does the first number 1 red dot highlight?

correct and yes, [ as seen in the 'joy.cpl'  Game Controllers -Fulcrum Yok- Properties-Test]

1 hour ago, KAE said:

How do the buttons appear in the OS game controller settings? There should be a square box for the Axes, a circle to the bottom right for the hat, and then (8) red circles numbered 1 - 8. Each of those red dots should correspond to the 8 buttons on the yoke.

Yes, and light up when I press.

All I suggest is try another Controller or install a second copy of Xplane 12 on a different drive to check if its a hardware problem with the Fukcrum Yoke.

Again Xplane 12 is on a separate drive, fresh install. I do not have another controller board for the Fulcrum yoke nor another Fulcrum yoke.

What I am seeing in the OS controller settings is completely separate from X-plane.

All I wanted to confirm is that the first red dot in my OS controller settings should NOT light up when the yoke is plugged into my computer. All 8 OS dots should be dark.

There is a short somewhere that is causing red dot 1 to light up when I plug in the yoke. And that is in some way causing the other yoke button numbers to shift and drops yoke button 10 out of the config.

I am sure its a yoke hardware issue and this is where talking to the designer / manufacturer of the yoke electronics could be helpful. But since that kind of tech support has gone the way of the dinosaur I am out of luck. I will have to live with the missing toggle switch I guess.

Posted (edited)

I am beginning to think the issue is actually the custom made shift register board in the handle, since the numbers are getting shifted incorrecly.

This is from SergeyPe...which means to me that I am SOL

"As for the other electronic components (the shift register board in the handle and the controller)- they are custom-made for the Fulcrum and are not available as spare parts. The shift register board is highly unlikely to fail; as for the controller- there are some replacement options that unfortunately do not offer a 1:1 compatibility. I'll be happy to provide the advice on this matter but this mod is more serious than simply replacing the broken part."

Edited by KAE