Sign in to follow this  
KAE

Fulcrum Yoke questions

Since the manufacturer of the Fulcrum One Yoke is out of business, is there anyone on this forum using the Fulcrum Yoke with X-plane that could tell me what the button mapping in Xplane is supposed to be?

Button numbers between Xplane and the yoke do not match.

Also, The image of the yoke in the Xplane settings no longer appears as it did before and in the settings window for mapping the yoke buttons, one of the buttons (no. 2 per Xplane) is automatically lit up while one of the buttons does not light up anything in the configuration window. 
it would be nice to compare what I have with someone else using the Fulcrum with Xplane.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KAE said:

Since the manufacturer of the Fulcrum One Yoke is out of business, is there anyone on this forum using the Fulcrum Yoke with X-plane that could tell me what the button mapping in Xplane is supposed to be?

Button numbers between Xplane and the yoke do not match.

Also, The image of the yoke in the Xplane settings no longer appears as it did before and in the settings window for mapping the yoke buttons, one of the buttons (no. 2 per Xplane) is automatically lit up while one of the buttons does not light up anything in the configuration window. 
it would be nice to compare what I have with someone else using the Fulcrum with Xplane.

As there are some recent post on the Fulcrum forum with regards to repairs you could repost there, at the moment I’m not experiencing any issues.

edit just noticed you have posted there re button replacements.

Edited by onebob

What I am trying to determine is how exactly the Xplane configuration page to assign the buttons for the Fulcrum yoke is supposed to look like. I am confused as to what I am seeing on my xplane button assignment view including the fact that the graphic of the yoke and its buttons no longer appears on that configuration page.
i would post an image but I dont have a URL to upload any images.

11 hours ago, KAE said:

What I am trying to determine is how exactly the Xplane configuration page to assign the buttons for the Fulcrum yoke is supposed to look like. I am confused as to what I am seeing on my xplane button assignment view including the fact that the graphic of the yoke and its buttons no longer appears on that configuration page.
i would post an image but I dont have a URL to upload any images.

I’m not at home till Monday to post an image, if you go to windows - control panel- devices- more- click on fulcrum device- right click on device- you should see a window and the buttons listing, doing this from memory so it may not be exactly correct.

I have noticed that the Fulcrum yoke appears differently in the configuration settings between Xplane 11 and 12.

In 11 there is no image of the yoke with the buttons highlighted and numbered. What is confusing is that in 11 the yoke axes have number 1 assigned to Axis 0 (roll) <x> and number 2 is assigned to Axis1 (pitch) <y>. Then number 1 is also assigned to the hat. After that the blue circles go from 2 to 9. So there is no button 10 in the xplane 11 config window.

However, in the yoke config settings page of Xplane 12 the colored image of the yoke does appear showing the buttons and the associated numbers (1-10) while the list on the right side of the config window shows all 10 buttons that are on the yoke. 

In the yoke image in the settings pane for 12 the roll and pitch axes are indicated by a blue circle with the number 1 assigned to both roll and pitch instead of assigning separate numbers (1 & 2) as in Xplane 11.

Xplane 12 then assigns the blue button 2 to the hat. From then on blue buttons 3 thru 10 show in the list on the right of the settings pane.

So in Xplane 12 the button numbers are offset. When I press button 3 on the yoke (red button as shown in the image) the blue button 4 highlights in the config pane. And it goes from there, depress button 4 on the yoke and blue circle 5 highlights and so forth up to yoke button 9 highlights blue circle 10.

Because of the offset in Xplane 12 button 10 (right side toggle) does not appear in the configuration. Yoke button 9 is assigned to the blue circle number 10 in Xplane 12. Following the offset of numbers one would think there should be a blue circle with 11 for the yoke button 10.

As it is, I cannot use button 10 in either Xplane 11 nor in 12. There may be something wrong with the toggle switch connection but it looked fine when I replaced the broken switch.

it gets confusing why the mapping of the buttons do not coincide and why I can no longer use the right side of the toggle (button 10 according to the yoke image) on the right handle.

Posted (edited)

Posting an image of the yoke config panes for both Xplane 11 and 12 would certainly clarify my wordy description, but this forum doesn't seem to allow the uploading of images like other forums do.

I do not have nor will I ever create my own website or dropbox server just to show a handfull of images.

Edited by KAE

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 3:33 PM, KAE said:

Posting an image of the yoke config panes for both Xplane 11 and 12 would certainly clarify my wordy description, but this forum doesn't seem to allow the uploading of images like other forums do.

I do not have nor will I ever create my own website or dropbox server just to show a handfull of images.

This is for XPlane 12

edit ... I recall having a discussion re the Yoke config (image) with regards to xplane 11, The developer informed me he had sent the info to LR but it was only included in xplane 12. I do not have xp 11 installed so I can't confirm that.

sBGY4fN.png

Edited by onebob

Posted (edited)

Thanks for posting that.

it looks the same as my 12 version, with 1 assigned to both roll and pitch axes while 2 is for the hat.
Heres  the rub; when I press the buttons on the yoke it highlights the next highest number in the blue circle after hat number 2.

button pressed.......... blue circle higlighted

3    ->    Circle does not flash on and off but stays lit.

4    ->     5

5    ->     6

6    ->     7  

7    ->      8

8    ->      9

9    ->     10

10    ->     No highlighted circle. Nothing happens when pressing button 10 on the yoke per the image.

Xplane 11 is quite different. I get only numbers up to 9. 
The two axes are using numbers 1 and 2. The hat is assigned to number 1. Then there are blue circles 2 thru 9....there is no 10 in a blue circle that appears.
Each button from 3 to 9 highlights the correct blue circle. Button 2 does nothing. 

Instead of just the two columns  Device ---->   Assignments there are 3 columns

Device        ------>  Axes           --------> Assignments

No image available------> No. 1 = Roll       No.  1= Hat

No. 2 = Pitch    No.  2 = no highlighting (btn0)

No. 3 = 3 (btn1)

No. 4  = 4 (btn2)

and so forth up to blue circle 9  (btn7)......

There is not a blue circle with a 10.

Perhaps the yoke controller is faulty. Whatever is going on it aint right.

Edited by KAE

19 minutes ago, KAE said:

Perhaps the yoke controller is faulty. Whatever is going on it aint right.

Try checking your buttons in Control Panel ie ...:-

Open Control Panel

Devices and printers   . go down to  .. Devices and Printers .. go down to .. More.. Right click on Fulcrum Yoke ...then click game Controller settings.   click on Fulcrum Yoke .. click properties .. then test your buttons..

In the settings and properties for the yoke, I see only 8 red circles for the buttons (1-8) then the hat switch circle to the right and the square above for the roll and pitch axes.

Just as in Xplane 12 the buttons are offset within the windows properties pane.
For instance When the red yoke button (button 3 per the yoke image) is pressed, the number 2 red circle highlights in the window properties while the blue circle 3 highlights in Xplane 11.
Also, in the windows properties the red circle 1 stays highlighted while in Xplane 11 its the blue circle 2 that is constantly illuminated.

The mappings of the controller to Xplane seem similar to the way my LeoBodnar board maps the buttons to Xplane commands.

So I am wondering if perhaps the yoke controller board is shifting the numbers over in Xplane 12 (same in the windows properties)

And for some reason in Xplane 11 it is assigning numbers 1 and 2 to both the axes and number 1 to the hat. Number 2 then is assigned to a button also which is always highlighted as being pressed.

It is a mystery to me. Some faulty mappings going on.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KAE said:

For instance When the red yoke button (button 3 per the yoke image) is pressed, the number 2 red circle highlights in the window properties

Just checked on my setup , pressing the red button highlights the number 1 in the widows properties. which also ties up with the button assignments,  edit ( as per image above )

ie to the right of the yoke image

1  yoke .. Roll and Pitch

2  Hat Switch

3 Button 1       edit

4 Button 2       edit

Edited by onebob

Just dealing with Xplane 12 for now, what is confusing is that there are (4) button numbers associated with each yoke button. The yoke number, the number in the blue circle, the associated Button X: and then the red button number in the windows properties.

For instance, the red button on the yoke is button 3 per the yoke image.

In the assignments on the right side of the Xplane config screen the blue circle 4 is associated with Button2: and it is the number that lights up when the red yoke button (3) is pressed. Not the blue (3) Button 1: as in your case.

The associated Button X: next to the blue circled numbers corresponds to the 8 red buttons in the windows Fulcrum properties.

So my blue circle (3) Button 1: does not work and neither does my blue circle (10) Button 8: when I press button 10 on the yoke.

I seem to have a couple of serious button mapping problems. Xplane 11 has its issues...

It might be worthwhile to go to the Xplane forum to look for any Fulcrum users where I can upload images without needing a URL link.

1 hour ago, KAE said:

I seem to have a couple of serious button mapping problems. Xplane 11 has its issues...

Looks like a hardware problem rather than a mapping problem, as you noted above you are having problems with Xplane 11 as well.

btw i remembered the quick way to the windows config/properties file is to search joy.cpl

1 hour ago, KAE said:

Xplane 11 has its issues...

you could try copying the following files:-

Fulcrum One Yoke - Windows.joy

Fulcrum one_yoke.png

from the Resources/ joystick configs in xp12 to xp11 folder to see the image.

make a back up of any files in xp 11 before hand