Sign in to follow this  
tim79b

Accessing Component Variables (O:)

Hi All

I'm trying to get a simple script working with a three position switch.

Currently, I have the following:

(L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch,·Number)·sp0
0·sp1
l0·0·==·if{
··1·sp0
··1·sp1
}·els{
··l0·1·==·if{
····l1·1·==·if{
······2·sp0
····}·els{
······l1·0·==·if{
········0·sp0
······}
····}
··}·els{
····l0·2·==·if{
······0·sp0
····}
··}
}
l0·(>L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch,·Number)

I need to access a component variable called 'PreviousPos' so the switch can cycle through 0>1>2>1>0, rather than just 0-1-2-0...

The variable is shown in the DevMode behaviour panel (Under Component Variables, (O:) Vars), but is there any way to access it in a script?

Thanks!!

Posted (edited)

No, accessing O: or I: variables is not possible. And in this case it is IMO also not required.

Take a look at the seq and iseq RPN operators that AAO has. Those will make your life a lot easier with this kind of sequencial triggering (and they aren't limited to just 3 positions either)

0·1·2·1·(L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch,·Number)·(L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch_idx)·4·iseq·(>L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch,·Number)·(>L:F28_OH_EmerLt_Toggle_Switch_idx)

In the AAO manual there is a long list of all available RPN operators and commands with generic examples. The app has many more of those than the default RPN code in MSFS.

(btw: the "L:..._idx" variable is an invented one. You can name it whatever you want, it just has to be unique for every iseq sequence. For convenience sakes I always reuse the name of the variable that is being manipulated )

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI