Sign in to follow this  
Area

LNM - QFU different by 1° between LNM and official map (SIA)

Posted (edited)

Hello,
I am using LNM 3.0.5 and I am facing a problem when I do a no precision approach with HDG. LNM gives me a runway heading of -1° compared to the official map; example :

LFNM card RWY 04 = 43° and RWY 22 = 223°
LNM gives me RWY 04 = 42° and RWY 22 = 222°

I'm using MSFS 2020 and the LNM library is up to date on MSFS.

I think I missed part of the settings, I would be grateful if you could help me, thank you in advance

Edited by Area

All simulators and Navigraph 2402 give me 222°M, 225°T.

Runway true heading in Navigraph data is 224.865°
Declination there is 2.69° East. This is taken from the MSFS database and not calculated.
224.865 - 2.69 = 222,175 ~ 222° rounded

Maybe the charts are too old?

Alex

Can you click on the airport and then post the content of the information tab Airport -> Overview?

No need to make a screenshot. Simply select and copy from the information tab and paste it here. I'd like to know what declination is shown and some other stuff.

Alex

This is it ?

Nice Côte D'Azur Airport (LFMN)  ★★★★★  Carte, Procédures d'arrivée (STAR)

Région:

LF

Nice

Pays ou Code régional:

France

Élévation:

11 ft

Déclinaison magnétique:

2,7° Est

Altitude de transition:

5 000 ft

Lever & coucher de soleil:

05:06, 18:11 UTC
(crépuscule civil, date réelle)

Coordonnées:

43° 39' 35,22" N 7° 12' 54,21" E

Infrastructures

ALS, Accessoires, Aire de trafic, Carburant, Parking, Procédures, Taxiways, VASI, Équipement de la tour de contrôle

Piste(s)

avion de ligne, éclairée

Météo

Station NOAA:

LFMN 191730Z 20003KT CAVOK 15/12 Q1017 NOSIG  ( VFR)
Wind prefers runways: 22L et 22R

Plus longue piste d'atterrissage

Longueur:

9 709 ft

Largeur:

152 ft

Cap:

42°M, 222°M

Revêtement:

Ciment

Fréquences COM

Tour de contrôle:

118,700 MHz

ATIS:

136,580 MHz

Parking

Portes:

Porte GA:

Largeur porte:

Large

Largeur porte:

Porte lourde

Sources des données

Aéroports génériques

Y:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\Steam\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0602\APX49160.bgl

Navigation de base

Y:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\Steam\fs-base-nav\scenery\0602\NAX49160.bgl

Communauté

Y:\10-Linker_Community\Apt-00-France\Apt_FRA-LFMN-Nice-Justsim-Simmarket\scenery\objects.bgl

Communauté

Y:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\navigraph-navdata\scenery\fs-base-jep\scenery\0602\NAX49160.bgl

Steam

Y:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Official\Steam\microsoft-airport-lfmn-nice\scenery\microsoft\Nice-Airport\objects.bgl

Liens

AirNav.com,   ChartFox (needs login),   FlightAware,   FltPlan,   OpenNav,   Codes des Aéroports du Monde,   SkyVector

1 hour ago, Area said:

This is it ?

Yes. Absolutely. Thanks!
I see the same declination here. The Microsoft add-on airport is on top like here and Navigraph update installed. Now I have to dig through the code...

MSFS and other simulators give the runway heading in true and LNM has to calculate the magnetic heading from this. The declination used for this comes from the sim or is calculated based on the world magnetic model. Maybe there is some critter somewhere in this chain.

Alex

Sorry, but I cannot fix this. The MSFS airports have a declination value which is inaccurate (integer numbers). If I use this I get 23° but I even don't want to know what else will break when changing this. LNM uses the worldwide declination from the simulator BGL to calculate runway heading. So, sometimes there are slight differences.

The true heading is always correct since it is read from the sim as-is. Magnetic is calculated using declination from different sources depending on sim.

Alex

I understand that wanting to correct a (minor) shift risks disrupting all other calculations.
Thanks for taking the time to look, it's really nice. For LFMN, no problem I will do with it.
Thanks again for this great software. Best regards

• Like 1