Sign in to follow this  
steelrfan85

Flaps not working

I have honeycomb throttle quadrant. I’m in GA aircraft. If tried default controls and FSUIPC which I prefer more. The flaps will decrease and increase but when I let go of the toggle it drops back down. Is there any way to keep them in the notch I have them set?  I’ve tried flaps cont inc etc, flaps up etc and flaps set and nothing stays. The center position is not a button so I don’t know why it’s acting this way

Posted (edited)

I recently had this problem and it turned out to be a conflict with my TrackIR software.  It was just a case of downloading the latest software profiles and unticking a box (can't remember which box offhand).

If it's not that, then I guess there may be a conflict in your keyboard/controller/FSUIPC bindings as I've had that problem a few times over the years.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Posted (edited)

I think you probably have the Action Type for 'Increase Flaps' and/or 'Decrease Flaps'  set as 'On Press' and are just holding the toggle switch down or up a little too long.  Having got caught out by this many times, I have changed my Honeycomb Bravo setting  for the Flaps Toggle to 'On Release' (see below).  This way, it doesn't matter how long I am holding the toggle down or up, it is only going to move one notch at a time.

spacer.png

You are probably fully familiar but if anyone else is not sure, you click on the 'Joystick Button x' highlighted above, which opens a drop box (pictured below) that gives you the option whether the action happens when you press the button or when you release the button.

The default position is 'On Press' below.  Just click the blue arrow to the right of it and it gives you the option for 'On Release'

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by AJZip
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2