Sign in to follow this  
guibernau121

Hard Landings detected in high elevation airports

Hi, I'm having a problem with some high elevation aiports, that no matter how soft I land, volanta, A pilot's life, or LRM always detect a 350-500 FPM touchdown. Is very frustrating to do a flight, watching your IVSI go from 750 fpm to 100-200 FPM when you flare and still get a "hard landing": I ussualy land in SCCF and SPZO,both with an elevation of > 7000 ft. I'm using fenix a320 btw.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Even though at high altitude airport your approach indicated speed remains the same your true airspeed actually is much higher  than at sea level. So if you seem round up just same way you will end up with match higher vertical speed . Practice and experience is all matter!

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI