Sign in to follow this  
kutyafal

Custom altitude constraint for user points (and fp also?)

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to specify an altitude restriction for a user point and have the flightplan elevation profile respect it? I'm using LNM with NeoFly where I have to fly to some LAT/LONG coordinates and would like LNM give me a TOD to that user point based on elevation entered. This would also be useful for regular flightplan waypoints in some scenarios. The TOD calculations can be pretty accurate once the airplane profile has been finetuned and it would help a lot in these cases.

Sorry, but this is not doable.

Not sure why you need this to fine tune the TOD calculation. I'd rather make a profile for each flight scenario (light, mid, heavy or short and far).

Alex

Hi Alex, like I said the scenario is such that I have a flight plan between two airports but along the way I have to descend to a LAT/LONG location let's say below 1000ft AGL to complete the task then continue onward to the destination airport. Since a user waypoint has no elevation info LNM doesn't give any TOD guidance to the user waypoint, only to the destination airport. I understand it is not doable now but maybe it could be added in the future? I know we want LNM to do everything but it ALMOST does everything and really is a great tool for such non-standard aviation tasks.

I'm sorry, but its unlikely that I can add this in the future. The calculation through procedure altitude and vertical angle restrictions while keeping descent and climb paths is already quite complex. Adding variable paths would be a nightmare.

Alex

No worries, I understand. I'll just have to use the old-fashioned way to calculate my own TOD. 🙂

• Like 1