Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

lost airport buildings

Guest johncoz

hi just new to FSX after years in the wilderness with a mac, had fs9 last month but some loser stole my laptop and the new desk top set comes only with vista P installed so now I have moved into fsx, can anyone steer me to solutions posted earlier on the following problems.problem #1, after a clean install, everything working okay, fly jets and ga but everything was humming along as expected from a very basic learner, then the next day installed the sp1 update and WOW! lost all the airport buildings, still have the usual city buildings but now NO airport terminals, hangers etc, anyone got any ideas, no extra loads installed still in basic clean install mode, Problem 2: the sound disappears occasionally usually when exiting to the free flight mode.problem 3: where do i go to find what are the correct settings to set the realism and scenary sliders too,many thanks for bearing with me, I told you I am a beginner to both FSX and PC'sjohnc

Hi John,Welcome to FSX. The first thing you should do is post your specs, I would even suggest that you add it as part of your signature. Just login at AVSIM go to user menu and under "edit your profile" you can put your specs there. With FSX it is really handy for people to see what you have as far as hardware and software goes. These specific settings may not work well for you so you may have to play around with them a little to suit your taste.Depending on where your sliders are set at should determine the amount of autogen that is showing. You may also want to get the latest drivers for your videocard and down the road when it is ready you can add the complete SP2. Right now just stick to a new videocard driver. An important thing to remember is to set your in game resolution to match the desktop resolution.One thing that is very important after installing a new driver is to build a new FSX.cfg (found in the FSX folder in "my Documents", or whatever it's called in VISTA) and that is very simple by deleting the FSX.cfg that you already have, a new one is created when you start FSX. I create a a new one every time I install a new driver or DirectX.If you have an NVIDIA card I also have setting for NHANCER which I can post. Hope this helps, and have fun.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

\Robert Hamlich/