Sign in to follow this  
alr5100

PitchPanRate HeadingPanRate Suddenly Increased

Hi All, 

I have an issue with the Pitch and Heading Pan rates in the virtual cockpit views. I turned on Frame Generation after playing around in DX11 then returning to DX12 then suddenly, upon reopening MSFS, the pan rates in the cockpit had more than tripled.

I went to my C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
And I checked my Cameras.CFG and found that there were new values for PitchPanRate=300
HeadingPanRate=500

Which were originally
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75

I returned the values to the original values and saved the file and made it read only so MSFS could not overwrite them again.

Unfortunately this made no difference. I tried changing the values and restarting several times but have not a found a solution to get the pan rates down to a reasonable speed.

I tried reducing the camera speeds in game, this was somewhat effective but slowed the actually camera movement front, back , left , right too slow to move around the cockpit.

I am not sure what else to try, I cannot get MSFS to acknowledge the PitchPanRate, HeadingPanRate in the LocalCache nor the fs-base (F:\MSFS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base) locations.

When I go back to No-Frame gen, the camera behaves as expected, but when I turn on FrameGen, the pan-rates are more than tripling. I tried at different resolutions, frame caps, and refresh rates and it is consistently extremely fast no matter what I try unless I revert back to FrameGen off. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!