Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Prioritizing FSLTL models

Hi - I read the section in manual about the Prioritize setting.  I know it will default to  AIG, then FSLTL, JF.  If I wanted to make FSLTL first and AIG second, what exactly needs to be done? It talks about a higher folder vs lower folder...is that the folder order in 'Community'?  Thanks for any help!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Hi - I read the section in manual about the Prioritize setting.  I know it will default to  AIG, then FSLTL, JF.  If I wanted to make FSLTL first and AIG second, what exactly needs to be done? It talks about a higher folder vs lower folder...is that the folder order in 'Community'?  Thanks for any help!

You have to switch off Automatic, check priority and set full paths to FSLTL and AIG with the lfolder0 and lfolder1 parameters in parameters.xml (see Manual 3.3), whereby   0 has higher priority over 1

For example

<parameter name="lfolder0 value="D:\MSFS Addons\Liveries\fsltl-traffic-base" />
   <parameter name="lfolder1 value="D:\MSFS Addons\Liveries\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />
   <parameter name="lfolder2 value="D:\MSFS Addons\Liveries\justflight-aircraft-traffic-fleet" />

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kiek said:

You have to switch off Automatic, check priority and set full paths to FSLTL and AIG with the lfolder0 and lfolder1 parameters in parameters.xml (see Manual 3.3), whereby   0 has higher priority over 1

EDIT:

Is there a way to get it to remember unchecking 'Automatic'  I think I had gotten it to work initially but then it does not remember the setting and my entries with the 'lfolder value' in the .xml are erased.  Not sure if I am doing something out of order or...??

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

7 hours ago, Flic1 said:

EDIT:

Is there a way to get it to remember unchecking 'Automatic'  I think I had gotten it to work initially but then it does not remember the setting and my entries with the 'lfolder value' in the .xml are erased.  Not sure if I am doing something out of order or...??

Huh?

All Gui settings are "remembered" in the parameters file automatically...

The lfolderx parameters are never erased from the parameters file...

Are you sure you have taken the right parameters file?

6 hours ago, kiek said:

All Gui settings are "remembered" in the parameters file automatically...

I first set the lfolder and full paths in the paramters.xml located in C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\PSXT.

I save and close it and then when I open PSXT app, I unchecked Automatic and set Priority.

At this point it no longer shows my Community Folder location at the top. When I enter it, it says no liveries found and reverts to an incorrect Community folder location defaults back to the original MSFS install location.

Then it shuts down.  When I check the Parameters.xml again all of those lfolders are not there and then the GUI set back to Automatic when I reopen it.

Do I add the lfolder parameters to the .xml while PSXT is open? I am sure I'm doing something out of order or incorrectly....thanks!

Eric

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

Do I add the lfolder parameters to the .xml while PSXT is open? 

No, PSXT must be closed.

From what you describe it looks to me that you have made a syntax error when adding the lfolder parameters. If PSXT cannot find a correct file it wil generate a fresh file with all default parameters. 

Look in Log.txt in the PSXT folder to see what it has done with the parameters file. 

Watch my example lfolderx above for the right xml syntax.

Edited by kiek

2 hours ago, kiek said:

From what you describe it looks to me that you have made a syntax error when adding the lfolder parameters.

You are correct... I was missing the " after the ifolder part....😐

• Like 1

Eric