Sign in to follow this  
yagati4755

Departure VFR NOT controlled airports

Very good, I have a small doubt; as far as I have been able to find out, the VFR departures in controlled airports are based on the navigation charts, there you can find the departure and arrival points.

But what about the uncontrolled airports?

Searching I found 2 options, I don't know if both are valid or only one.

The first option is to follow the typical traffic circuit like the one in the picture.

spacer.png

The second one is like the one in the picture, which consists of always crossing the runway in the middle.

spacer.png

Now let's suppose that my route goes to the yellow point, (if the first option is valid) which pattern is the correct one.

spacer.png

spacer.png

If it is the second option, this is what I have to do.

spacer.png

And if my exit is on the other side, then this is the pattern if I always have to cross the runway in the middle.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, yagati4755 said:

But what about the uncontrolled airports?

1. read the local publications what the procedures are when field is uncontrolled
  2. the general purpose is to minimize time in the pattern if you intend to leave, thus the solution below is an extremely bad idea.
23 hours ago, yagati4755 said:

spacer.png

3. Don't over complicate a basic  VFR departure. Just putting the first waypoint further out would simplify things alot. Some pointers I typically use when departing uncontrolled airfield:

• never fly near the pattern at pattern altitude
    • or 500ft above it...
  • if I absolutely need to make a course change and fly over the airfield I just departed, I usually go atleast 3.000ft above field elevation

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

So any of the options I have shown are valid, as long as they are as simplified as possible.

11 hours ago, yagati4755 said:

So any of the options I have shown are valid, as long as they are as simplified as possible.

I'm just guessing here. But speaking from experience, most GA pilots would expect a conventional pattern departure of you. That is either straight forward or 45 degrees out. 

Anytime you deviate from that, you better announce it (blind transmits) clearly on the radios

Personally, I'd be pretty upset if I had to solve a near miss situation as I approach the pattern because you decided to leave the area in an unconventional manner.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Sólo estoy adivinando aquí. Pero hablando por experiencia, la mayoría de los pilotos de GA esperarían un patrón de salida convencional de su parte. Eso es sencillo o a 45 grados. 

Cada vez que se desvíe de eso, será mejor que lo anuncie (transmisión a ciegas) claramente en las radios.

Personalmente, me enojaría bastante si tuviera que resolver una situación de casi accidente mientras me acerco al patrón porque decidiste abandonar el área de una manera poco convencional.

I can't quite understand you, but what I'm trying to guess is to make the start and finish respecting the circuit but managing to do it in a way that saves distance.

For example here if I go to the yellow point I do this which would be the right thing to do....

spacer.png

And don't do this...

spacer.png

And here if I go to the yellow point I don't do this...

spacer.png

I would just take the outbound leg here, then the downwind leg and take that course to the yellow point.

spacer.png

If so, I appreciate the clarification.