Sign in to follow this  
cgorgas

Unable to add mossing ATC frequencies on taxiway screen

Hello I am new to pilot2ATC. I have read the manual and successfully set up pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020. I have no modified airports or planes. I only fly the stock Cessna C-172 G1000.  I have an active Navigraph subscription showing the current AIRAC cycle. For whatever reason at my local airport KBJC, a very busy airport near Denver, has only one frequency listed. I highly doubt this is missing from AIRAC. Is there a way to force the current AIRAC data into pilor2atc? I also see in the pilot2atc taxiway tab where you can add frequencies. I did this but the save button there does not seem to actually save my inputs. This is my last hurdle to getting into the “sky” using pilot2atc. Any insights to getting all of the frequencies into pilot2atc are appreciated! Thanks, Chris 

Posted (edited)

All the frequencies are in the AIRAC data.  You just need to add Pilot2ATC to your Navigraph FMS Data Manager and then update the data.

After editing any data in TaxiMnt, you must save it and then restart Pilot2ATC so the updated data gets loaded, but that shouldn't be necessary after you update the AIRAC data.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Hello Dave thank you for the prompt reply. I'm actually very solid with tech and from I can tell I have done what you have mentioned. I even read this well before posting. I have pilot2ATC installed at C:\Pilot2ATC_2021_x64 I have the Navigraph FMS Data Manger directed to this folder. Navigraph shows my subscription active and that I have the current AIRAC cycle.

When I go to TaxiMnt and add say the tower frequency and ground frequency for KBJC and hit save it appears nothing happens. If I leave the TaxiMnt screen and go right back into it what I have entered is gone. I have also done this and said save using the "save / load" tab and then reloaded that taxiway and there are still no frequencies. I am at a complete loss. If you or anyone else has any insights on this it is appreciated. If I can't get this to work I'll still but the full program and accept I cannot practice out of my home airport, KBJC, and use other airports. It would be nice to have KBJC working because it is where I will do my instrument check ride in a month or two. Thanks you! for a great program

When you use Navigraph FMS Data Manager, you point it to the application directory like your C:\Pilot2ATC_2021_x64.  IF you use their manual installer, you point it to the Data sub folder.  The AIRAC version installed there will be displayed at the top left of the main P2A screen, after the P2A version.  You can also look at the cycle.json file in the Data sub folder to see the AIRAC Cycle number.

I just tried entering a "fake" UNICOM frequency at KBJC.  After saving, closing Taxi Mnt and closing P2A and then restarting, it shows up in the Info window for the airport.  

Dave