Sign in to follow this  
Guest rf

Flattened buidings

Guest rf

Has anyone experienced this before. I use FSX with GEX, FEX, UTX, and Mega scenery USA for FSX. When I fly with only FSX, for example flying out of KLAS las Vegas North the mall (Meadows Mall) just South of highway 95 west?North at valley View is ok and you can see the buiding and parking lot with cars. Does anyone know which of these other add ons, or settings in the add ons, would make the mall look almost flat. By the way, its not only the mall but all buildinds, houses except for auto gen (set to Medium). Also the auto gen buildings look ok but you have a big difference in aooearence with normal building structures looking flat and uto gen structures having height? Also auto gen does not look to impressive.Any one help.Thanks.intel core 2 Duo e6600 2.4 mh2 Raptor 10,000 rpm 150 gb drives2 gb DDR2 6400 extreme memorygeforce 8800 GTX 768 mb pcisoundblster xtremegamer Fatality RE sound card.

Is this mall a custom 3D scenery object in the default FSX with no addons? If so and it disappears - there may be some exclusion going on from the addons.Mega scenery USAAlso, Is this the only photo scenery in the group of addons?I haven't got MegaScenery for FSX - but as a photo based scenery - it does not present buildings as 3D structures - but only as flat parts of the photo tile.So you get a lot of features you recognize from above - I can find my house with FS2004 DFW MegaScenery - but it's only a flat photo of the area - no 3D models.A custom model would have to be built for each object - textures and use up way, way more computer horsepower than you have now.Above about 6,000-7,000 ft MegaScenery tends to lose it's impact of the detail. Below 1,500 ft, the flat nature of photo scenery has the opposite effect - which you describe of flat features you expect to be 3D.EDIT - I found this on the MegaScenery Las Vegas page - a very important note:* Note

Guest rf

I see your point because I forgot that I also do have Megascenery Las Vegas. However, when I run FSX with no other add ons, obviously megascenery Las Vegas is already loaded now, the Mall looks fine from 1000 feet and has height as do other houses and buildings and the 3 d builings in mega scenery Las vegas are very noticable and great looking. I wanted to no with any of the other add ons I previously listed will any of them, or a setting in one of these add ons, cause the building to now look flat when it does not if I run FSX with no additional add ons. ? Thanks, Bob