Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsxmissionguy

Comparison: Accelleration vs. Flight Deck 5

Guest AGPiech

About carrier landing experiences between FSX-Accelleration or Abacus Flight Deck4/5; which one is better and why? I have Flight Deck 4 and am debating what should I do; upgrade to Flight Deck 5 or switch to Accelleration, I'm not that concerned over the volume of planes one gets with Flight Dexk 4/5.

If you fly a lot of FS9 era aircraft in FSX, you may want to avoid acceleration, as SP2 has broken backward compatibility to some degree as far as textures are concerned. You will start seeing areas of the aircraft, as well as gauges become transparent. There are methods to fix these, (or at least some of them) but if you have a large number of aircraft affected, it could become very time consuming. I have the Overland Boeing and Airbus fleet with many liveries. Just about everyone of them is affected.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest fsxmissionguy

Here is a review of Flight Deck 5 by someone who purchased it:http://fsxmission.com/live/modules.php?nam...viewtopic&t=946Bottom line of the review: "Waste of money."I don't own it. I did own Flight Deck 3 for FS9 ... and skipped Flight Deck 4 owing to user comments posted on AVSIM. Flight Deck 5 (my view) is an upgrade to Flight Deck 4 that serves to make it actually functional.I think the takeaway for Flight Deck 5 is that, from a functional standpoint, it doesn't necessarily add anything. From a visual standpoint, it does (you get a more crowded deck, with people and machinery on it, a few missions, and at least one workable weapon.)If you're fanatical about Carrier Ops, it might add to the realism somewhat, at the cost of frame rates.I pointed the reviewer to Abacus' customer satisfaction promise: They promise a refund if you are not 100% satisfied, so I think the downside of a Christmas purchase is nil (assuming they keep their promises, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.)