Sign in to follow this  
Guest Desert Flyer

FSX no longer starts up

Guest Desert Flyer

Hi,I havn't a clue what's going on with this now, last night the game started up fine and played fine.Today I go to start FSX up and I get the splash screen and it sits there and never progresses any further. The splash screen for the game just sits there no matter how long I leave the computer running.Windows Task manager says that it's using 114k of memory and 50% CPU power, but it never progresses.Any clues as to what could cause this? I have FSX and Accelleration installed and as mentioned, the game worked perfectly fine last night and I've not changed anything on my computer since playing the game last.

>Hi,>I havn't a clue what's going on with this now, last night the>game started up fine and played fine.>>Today I go to start FSX up and I get the splash screen and it>sits there and never progresses any further. The splash>screen for the game just sits there no matter how long I leave>the computer running.>>Windows Task manager says that it's using 114k of memory and>50% CPU power, but it never progresses.>>Any clues as to what could cause this? I have FSX and>Accelleration installed and as mentioned, the game worked>perfectly fine last night and I've not changed anything on my>computer since playing the game last.It sounds like your logbook is corrupt. Try running this program, fsxlogrecovery11.zip which is located in the AVSIM File Libary. It will find any errors and then you can have it correct the found errrors.

Guest Desert Flyer

Thanks, the recover program said that it found blocks between xx and xxx corrupt and fixed them and the game started up. Guess I shouldn't have been so quick to uninstall Accelleration, now I'll have to reinstall it.Thanks, sure wish that the devs would have written in their own checking routines to find these problems and fix them for the mortal man to actually play their sim, would make things much easier on the average joe like myself.

The corrupt logbook issue has been around since FS2004. You would have thought it would be fixed by now. At least now, you know what to do if you have the problem again. Just in case, you should also regularly backup your logbook.bon file as well as your GrantedRewards.bin file.

Guest Desert Flyer

Thanks for the info, Yeah I'll be sure to do that after I reinstall the game *again*. Now I've gone back to Windows XP so I've got to reinstall everything all over again.No matter how hard I tried, FSX wouldn't show up in the add remove programs for Windows Vista, I followed other peoples suggestions and removed Accelleration and they told me then and only then will FSX show up in the add remove program area, so I did that, and FSX still didn't show up as an installed component, so I went to reinstall Accelleration *again* and it told me that I must have an English language installation of FSX to install Accelleration.I finally just gave up, wiped out vista and have just now finished installing XP again.Am currently installing FSX again and I'll bet dollar to donut that it shows up in XP's add remove programs area when Im done! Flippin' frappin' floopin' Vista. I'll wait for the next OS before making the switch again.OOps sorry, way off track. Anyway, I'll remember to make regular backups of that file and or keep the fixer program handy for any further occasions of this happening.