Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

Entering waypoint in the default GPS

Guest BOPrey

Hi simmers,Is there a way to either modify a pre-loaded flight plan or directly enter waypoints in the default GPS? I am hoping it can be done. If not, I will need a third party (pay or free) GPS replacement. Thnx.

You can drag the FP line to anyplace on the map and the FSX flight planner will create a waypoint at that location. This was not a capability of FS2004.You can also edit a .PLN file with Notepad and enter pre-defined waypoints directly if you know the correct information.But both of these have to be done before the flight starts.You cannot modify a FS flightplan after starting the flight without going to the flight planner.However, you can create a Direct To FP at any time provided the airport, navaid or intersection is in the FSX database. Also you can select an approach, with or without a transition. Those will replace your flightplan in the GPS/FS.

wait for the Reality XP GPS. It shouldnt be too much longer now.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.