Sign in to follow this  
lliaudais

gps window in spot view and veiw options question

hi, im a fixed spot view pilot, dont know why, but when flying, i would like to open the gps window without clicking on the button in the cockpit, which key should i use to open the GPS? i looked in the controls settings, but i saw way too many gps functions in there.also, some addon planes i downloaded, when i go into fixed spot, the view is wat too close to the plane to see whats around the plane and whats on the other side of the plane, in FS9, i remember a view options window, but i cannot find it in FSX, when i just press [-] and [+], it zooms out and makes it look like fisheye or something, i searched here, found something about this that i could use crtl+enter and ctrl+backspace to zoom in and out, will this make the plane look like its in a fisheye lens of a camera?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The GPS runs in its own panel window. So it opens with Shift + number key from the top row of your keyboard. The GPS is usually Shift+3 but may be any number between 2 and 9 depending on the instrument panel you are using. Just try them until you find the magic number. If you press Shift+1, you will usually lose the main panel; don't panic, press Shift+1 again and it will come back.Sorry, I don't know the answer to your zoom question. I don't use Spot view too much.R-

Ron,the viewing distance is Control + "-" to decrease distance; control + "=" to increase view distance.You can change the ordering of the "Shift" windows. Or you can press Shift"0" first to see if it will give you the list of valid window numbers - just keep your eye out for the GPS. Don't forget the occasional add-on that doesn't have one assigned to a window.Loyd