September 19, 20242 yr Interesting tweak for reducing textures (FSLTL traffic, complex sceneries etc) to save on disk space and help make the sim more responsive and snappy. I tried it on my FSLTL traffic folder and it dropped the size from 32GB to 18GB. Visually I see no difference in the generated AI traffic (I'm on a 1440p monitor so anything rezzed above that is lost, obviously). I will need to do flight and see whether I can discern any difference in loading times, frames, smoothness et al. MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | Crucial P3+ 2TB NVMe | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Various Winctrl hardware | 21:9 1440p UW monitor | Win 11 23H2 build | MSFS2020 / MSFS2024|Tony K.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.