Sign in to follow this  
Guest amis

Un-install FSX

Guest trknman

PLEASE, somebody come to my aid. I had to do a recovery console repair the other night and it really screwed up my Personal Confuser. To be a little more accurate, it removed almost all the registry pointers of almost everything. Therefore addon programs don't know that FSX exists. I thought, no problem, I'll just re-install. That's where my personal nightmare began. My add/remove programs list has been wiped clean. No entries for anything FSX related. I thought maybe a repair with the install disk, but when I insert it, it starts out normally, gets to "validating install" and stalls. It produces one (1) blue bar and then doesn't do anything else. Is there any way to unload FSX with out the add/remove programs listing?Thanx in advanceJim

Hi Jim,You can use Flight1's Registry Repair tool:http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest trknman

Alright folks...got it figured out. For anybody else with this problem, that is, no entry in the add/remove list, here is the procedure:1. backup your registry, backup your registry, backup your registry2. using regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft gamesFlight Simulator X and delete that folder(flight sim X folder)3. hit F3 and type in Flight Simulator. Delete all references to Flight Simulator. Keep hitting F3 until no more references are found...Exit Regedit.4. go into explorer and delete, move or otherwise hide your Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder. If you don't have the luxury of an enormous backup HD like I have, at least backup the files you don't want to lose, i.e. aircraft, scenery, sounds, gauges etc. put 'em somewhere other than your FSX folder.5. Now, if you haven't done so already, DELETE the FSX folder. You are now ready to re-install FSX.You must delete the FSX folder or it won't re-install.Regards to AllJim

Guest amis

>Alright folks...got it figured out. For anybody else with>this problem, that is, no entry in the add/remove list, here>is the procedure:>Do you realy mean no use of add/remove programs at all when unistalling? Unisntalling just through deleting all Flight Simulator references in registry and all FSX folders in this order? No problem with next online activation?I have a problem with proper uninstallation and searching for way for long time. (after next installation no Complete setup windows appears and SPs cause problems)