Sign in to follow this  
Dondo

Finally got it working well enough...

......to enjoy simming with FSX. I don't have a high spec machine at all (2.8 ghz, 2 gig ram, 8600 GTS 512 vid card, dual 19 in monitors. With my settings, I'm getting about 15-22 fps around the flats of Kansas and around some of the bigger cities in the area. Last night I went nuts and bought VoxATC for FSX. I hold a PPL and the default ATC in FS worked, but I didn't like looking and and hitting the proper buttons. It would mess up my TrackIR and make me dizzy.. :-) I must say, VoxATC is a wonderful program. It isn't perfect, but for the type of flying that I do, it is great. Local VFR flights in class C/D airspace, non towered airports, etc, emulates real world ATC. I had a couple of "professional" voices already installed on my PC from another program and they work pretty nicely with VoxATC. I still have some of the robotic voices, but I'm more interested in ATC procedure then voice tones....anyway. I took a short flight from KHUT to KSLN, contacted FSS, had flight following, was handed off, pretuned my frequencies, followed my sectional and generally accomplished the flight just like I would in my real Cessna 172....and I owe it all to FSX, NaturalPoint and VoxATC. This is the first time in quite awhile that I really enjoyed myself flying my computer around the den... :) :)Didn't have anything to say really. Just wanted to share.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!