Sign in to follow this  
spilok

All of a sudden.....I'm missing KSEA and ?

My cockpit textures were not loading fast enough, and spot views of planes were without texture, and things were just getting slow and slopppy; so I decided to do the following:I deleted my new GEX upgrade, deleted Acceleration, and did a CKDISK on my computer. It found a bad sector, but corrected it. Then I reinstalled Acceleration, reinstalled my new GEX, and FSX looks great again. HOWEVER, KSEA doesn't exist in my airport list, and it can't be brought up on the GPS. This is probably the tip of the iceberg. I suspect many airports are missing, only I don't know which ones. What went wrong, and do I have to reinstall FSX completely along with all the addons, etc.?If anyone has an idea for me, I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks.

BumpIs there a way to reload all my airports from disk?

I've never done a repair. Will I lose anything, and if so, what do I have to reinstall? Is a repair done using the original FSX disk?Stan

I did a repair.....unfortunately, with all my scenery addons and such, I couldn't start FSX after the repair and it caused a fatal error that was unrecoverable. I will be deleting everything tomorrow and just start methodically reinstalling everything fresh.Thanks anyway....in a couple of days I should be back better than ever.