Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

The fastest package of Vista and FSX SP2?

Guys, which is the best performing package of Windows + FSX SP2 overall atm?I'm installing Vista 64bit, and I recall that FSX SP2 on Vista 64Bit was the BEST performer in that long FSX benchmark thread. But I don't remember which DirectX it was 9 or 10?Many thanks.

>I could tell you but...>>then you wouldn't get to enjoy the thread I think you are>referring to.>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...31320&mode=full>>Have fun!>>Rob O.I stopped enjoying it on page 2 at the time it started, it's too long to follow every nuance. Basically I want to know which one was found to be faster for FSX in that thread: Vista 64 + DX10 or DX9?Thank you.

Ok, if nothing has changed by the end of that thread this combo seems to perform best:1. SP1 gives just over double the performance of RTM and SP2 adds another 10% with DX9 on Vista 64 ?

Guest ziporama

I'm waiting for SP1 RTM but in the mean time, on my Vista x64/4Gb system, DX10 is up to 30% faster at the same settings than DX9, but on my Nvidia hardware, has a nasty side-effect (flashing taxiway centerlines and disappearing navigation lights/strobes/beacons). I'm waiting for SP1 and the new DX 10.1 to see if that goes away, although I can only guess as to what new problems I'll get with video drivers- I'm strapping my 8 point seatbelt on just in case :) DX9 is rock solid. I've not run XP SP2 on my new hardware so I can't tell you if XP is faster than Vista in DX9 mode.Cheers,Etienne

I have not done any comparisons between FSX and FS9, but I have reinstalled and configured my setup in accordance with David Roch's excellent tutorial and am currently experiencing excellent results with FSX, Vista and SP2 DX10 Preview.Having recently compeleted a flight between Bangkok and Phuket, I was experiencing FR's up to 75 FPS over water and in the mid 50's over the islands between the two loactions. It is much better than I experienced since I initially loaded up FSX on release.My system specs are listed below...Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBCH Throttle Quadrant USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32My FSEconomy Grouphttp://www.freewebs.com/sasflying/index.htm

I'm impressed with Vista U64 SP1 and FSX SP2 GEX US&CAN. Fast, smooth and the FSX world is just awesome.