Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hansb57

help asked: Installing textures on standard aircraft

Hi there,Could someone explain how to replace the standard aircraft textures with downloadable real airline textures? I tried it several times and lost my traffic.If posible step by step.Or, if there is an other thread available please point me to it(as I cant find it)Thanks for the help!!Hans

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What you want to do: Open the file of the new skin you want. Copy or Cut the texture. file into the plane's folder (something like: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesSimObjectsAirplanes)In the file that contained the new skin, there will probably be a readme file of some sort. Inside this readme file, there will be a block of text that looks something like this: [fltsim.xx]title=Airbus A321 Lufthansa AIRPsim=Airbus_A321model=panel=sound=texture=AIRPkb_checklists=AirbusA321_checkkb_reference=AirbusA321_refatc_id=atc_airline="Lufthansa"atc_flight_number=""ui_manufacturer="Airbus"ui_type=A321ui_variation="Lufthansa"ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"description="The Airbus A321 is a stretched version of Airbus