Sign in to follow this  
Mace

AI planes are taking off minutes late from what's specified in flight plan ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

At first I thought flight plans didn't work, although compiled ok and planes spawned as expected. But then, 12:00 comes and goes and only thanks to my patience did I notice that surely it moves and ATC comes alive and the whole shebang basically.But why late ? Added realism (hahaahha) ???Thanks... I remember seeing a post before asking why the planes were not moving when looking - I think this "late" observation answers that as well ???Thanks for any comments...

You don't say how late they were. ??I can tell you, that if your flight plan calls for a flight to leave at 12:00 noon, that aircraft will not get clearance until 12:01 pm. Only then will it get clearance from ATC and begin pushing back.What did you expect? Did you expect the aircraft to be leaving the runway at 12:00 noon? If that is what you want, you had better adjust your plans, make that flight with a 11:54 am departure. If you do that, your aircraft will be leaving the runway (on average) by noon.At busy airports, the wait will be longer..There is also a known bug in FSX of aircraft sometimes not pushing back if you have your airport vehicle slider set at a high slider setting.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JacobKoziarz

I expected some sort of action at 12:00 - be it push back, clearance request - now that I know - I don't care - I can wait...as long as the flight plan works...

Guest JacobKoziarz

ok - how about 5 mins late before it's pushed back and ATC comes alive - is this normal ???

>ok - how about 5 mins late before it's pushed back and ATC>comes alive - is this normal ???What is your airport vehicle density slider set to?RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest JacobKoziarz

it is probably 100% as I like the tarmac traffic - i'll try to reduce it and see if it has any effect...

The time we put in AI flight plans is not the takeoff time.That is the time to start the takeoff sequence of actions. In FSX it includes several additions, most notably fuel trucks and baggage carts.Fuel trucks cause the most noticable slowdown, because the AI aircraft does not call the fuel truck until it starts the takeoff sequence.If you add heavey, realistic, levels of AI traffic, you must modify the airport taxi network to add additional fuel trucks. These trucks need to be spaced around the aircraft parking areas. AI will only call the closest fuel truck, so putting several in a line in one area only increases the delays.FSX also makes another change in the process, FSX does not back-time the A when you start a flight session. In FS2002 and FS2004, if you start a flight session at 12:00 all the AI which was scheduled to start from 11:45 to 12:00 starts at the gate. This gave us a burst of AI traffic moving out to takeoff at the start of a flight.FSX does not do that.

Guest JacobKoziarz

Do AFCADs modify the airport taxi network to add additional fuel trucks ?So if I decrease the airport vehicle as recommended here - wouldn't that decrease the number of fuel trucks and further increase the delay ?

Guest JacobKoziarz

BTW - I didn't realize I'd create confusion here by using "taking off" - as explained earlier - I meant pushback.

>Do AFCADs modify the airport taxi network to add additional>fuel trucks ?>Yes Airport scenery can add additional fuel trucks.>So if I decrease the airport vehicle as recommended here ->wouldn't that decrease the number of fuel trucks and further>increase the delay ?>>Turn all ground vehicles off, then observe how long it takes for the aircraft to get going.You will find that it is still several minutes before the aircraft is in takeoff position, even on a smaller airport.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>Do AFCADs modify the airport taxi network to add additional>fuel trucks ?>>So if I decrease the airport vehicle as recommended here ->wouldn't that decrease the number of fuel trucks and further>increase the delay ?>>BTW, I wasn't recommending you decrease airport vehicle. I simply pointed out the known bug with aircraft getting stuck at pushback, and the workaround.What I WAS recommending was that you put the Airport Vehicle slider at a level that works with the airport scenery you have installed and the AI you have installed.Whether that is full right, middle, or left, I can't tell you, since it depends on what you're running.The only way to know what setting gets your AI out in a timely manner, is to observe. And also remember that even if everything is ok with the scenery, etc, even then, your AI will take many many minutes before they are doing their takeoff rollout.If you have poorly-designed airport scenery, (not enough fuel truck spaces for the number of parking spots...is just one potential problem, there are others), then only two things that I can think of will fix the problem1) fixing the airport scenery, and/or2) moving the Airport Ground Service vehicle sliderRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett