Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

Help with airport/facilities directory symbol...

Guest christianholmes

Hi,I just got my new AOPA AFD, and I can't figure out what one symbol means on the airport diagram-What does it indicate if there are 'dashes' down the runway centerline? The vast majority of airports show the runways as solid black, but some of them have dases (more like dots actually) down the runway centerline.Bradley Intl has them, and so does Madison.Does anyone know?

If it is the same labeling as the FAA then it means it has centerline lights.

Guest christianholmes

Sorry it took so long to reply- Thanks. It doesn't explain the symbology anywhere in the AFD- but I imagine it's the same as the FAA.I can't believe Madison has centerline lights? I believe your explanation, and that is probably the case- but if you saw this airport you would know what I was talking about. A cracked 1600 foot overgrown runway that changes elevation like a roller coaster- I'm suprised there are any lights at all. Unfortuantely the airport is now closed for good anyway so some rich developer can build 200 more "retirement housing" units. Who retires in CT anyway? I will be #### and gone from this state- somewhere nice and sunny.