Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit reflections

My Computer Pilot Mag. has an article that references a "Remove Cockpit Reflections" package for FSX. Does anyone know how I can find the package and/or are the any other ways to remove the reflections? The article indicates that doing so will improve fps. Thanks. B.K.

Guest firehawk44

Do a search in the file library for relections in FSX and you'll get several options like "fsx_aircraft_reflection_files.zip".Best regards,Jim

Not sure of the article's method but opening the .cfg you will findin the graphics section the following [GRAPHICS]SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048NUM_LIGHTS=8AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1AC_SELF_SHADOW=1EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3IMAGE_QUALITY=0See_Self=1Text_Scroll=0D3D10=0SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672Where you see a 1 after reflections gets changed to 0this will kill the reflections , but not what you see inside the cockpit windows of some default aircraft ,those are located on the glass bitmaps and would need to be solid filled in your image editor of choice.As an aside i find that there is a pronounced gain in fps when theaircraft and ground shadows are off and more still when bloom is off,the best results are had by upgrading your Graphics card to a 8600 gtor better , if you need to can all the enhanced features in FSX to use it, why use it ?

Thanks,Jim. I only found the file you indicated, but it works like a charm. I CAN SEE. B.K.

A very simple way to get this done: go to the texture folder of the aircraft you want to remove the reflection of, and rename the reflection.dds file!Example:For the C172 change C172_reflection.ddstoC172_reflection.dds DISABLEDDone. :)