Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoeingGuy

Some Tweaking Help

Hello everyoneI'm considering a couple of tweaks. They involve these lines:TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=xxxTERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=xxxLOD_RADIUS=(Whatever the default is)I want to max out all autogen by putting 6000 for both values, and to make distant textures sharp, I need a good value for LOD_RADIUS. What value should I use for this?Also, will doing these tweaks reduce performance?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The autogen settings impact on performance is easy to check. Save a flight over New Your or any other dense urban area. Move your autogen density slider to the rightmost position and compare the fps with the slider in the leftmost position. Any increase of the terrain_max_autogen... settings will give you more autogen and more autogen will reduce fps.The lod_radius is set to 4.500000 if the slider in the scenery settings is all the way to the right. I've heard people setting the lod_radius to 6.5 and having positive results. You could test it. Of course loading of a wider area of high resolution textures must have an impact on performance. How much - just make some test with the slider to the left and with the radius set to 6.5.Hope this helps.Ulf B

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm leaving radius at 6.5 but the autogen values I'll delete, it gives me a 5 FPS hit.Thanks