Sign in to follow this  
sargeski

N o response status

Guest Jerrycarven

I have installed a brand new FLS X and everything run perfectI have been flying all over the world.A few days ago, without changing or installing anything new in my PC,the FLS refuse to start.It gives me a NO RESPONSE status.I have reinstalled, uninstalled and install it again, to no avail.What could be happening that prevent my FLS to start.It is building the new data base scenery and then, when the music should start

Sounds like your logbook.bin file is corrupt. Rename it to logbookbin.old and restart FSX. If all goes well it rebuild a new one and you will be back up and running.If your running XP its here:C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files If your running Vista its here:C:UsersUSERNAMEDocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesIf that works and you wish to recover your original logbook.bin file read on.Search the AVSIM library for the following files fsxlogrecovery11.zip and "logbookedit-0411062225.zipUnzip the files to the same directory that your logbook file resides.Navigate to the directory that contains the your logbook and rename your logbook file from logbook.old to logbook.binRun FSXLog.exe, choose Analyze (it should find some errors during analysis). After the analysis is done choose Recover. Your logbook should now be fixed."logbookedit" is a very handy program for making edits to your logbook should you have a need to.

Guest Jerrycarven

It's running !!!! Your advise did function ok.Thanks a lot for your help.Jerry